If you’ve been itching to submit an abstract for PNSQC 2015 but weren’t sure you had a good topic, Program Chairs Bill Baker and Tim Farley have some suggestions for you.
We asked them, as they have been reviewing the 80-plus abstracts received to date, where the opportunities were for abstract writers looking for an open field.
Here’s what we uncovered:
- “We see mobile apps, cloud computing and security as current and emerging major issues that have been underserved at PNSQC. We should have many more papers dealing with quality in these areas.
- “Some topics may cover multiple areas. For example, an application originally developed as a PC program, may now also be provided as browser and mobile
- applications. How do you do testing across these multiple platforms
- “How does one go about testing security for any application? What are the current best practices? We think security would be ripe for some beginner type papers/presentations. “Security Testing for Beginners” for example.
- “With regard to cloud computing, that may be seen as more of an IT thing. But many systems are being moved in that direction. If I move my app to the cloud, are there additional quality issues I should be looking at? What about security for a cloud app vs. a PC app?
- “These are all areas of great interest to those in our field today, and as of now, we have few people addressing these issues. We would be happy to see abstracts submitted in these categories!”
Tell us what you have brewing in quality software!