Ying Ki Kwong, Statewide QA Program Manager with the State of Oregon, discusses Enterprise IT Quality — part of the core competency for all major vertical industries and, thus, a huge swath of today’s world economy.
PNSQC 2021 is expanding its management track to better serve analysts, managers, and consultants connected with quality and risk management in Enterprise IT. This talk sets the stage for a richer, more diverse conference experience for members and guests of the PNSQC community. This talk was recorded on the PNSQC 2021 May Meetup.
IT spending in 2019 was $2.8 trillion worldwide. Vertical industries with the largest IT spending include (in decreasing order): banking & securities, manufacturing & natural resources, communications & media services, government, insurance, retail, utilities, transportation, healthcare, and education.
This talk aims to increase awareness that Enterprise IT Quality has many facets. Software testing and bugs fixing are necessary but not sufficient to assure overall quality. Key points include:
- Enterprise IT is first and foremost an investment with a business case.
- Development lifecycles should depend on enterprise needs and degree of change.
- Requirements & Statement of Work are the foundation of Enterprise IT contracts.
- Quality of project delivery is not the same as quality of work products.
- Business aware testing means verification and validation.
- Transition to operations must include properly defined SLAs for contractors.
- Enterprise readiness is crucial.
You can watch this and more software quality videos on PNSQC’s youtube channel.