Victoria Palmiotto & Kristin Ito, MINDBODY, Inc.
Whether you love it, or love to avoid it, documentation is necessary in the worlds of software development and quality assurance. Crafting content for both internal and external audiences to record the work you’ve done is essential for your organization and end users to fully realize the quality of your product. Oftentimes, a non-technical task such as writing is approached as a tedious chore; details may be overlooked as you go through the motions.
By blending some basic writing fundamentals into your documentation process, you can:
- Create quality documentation that reflects the quality of your software
- Ensure your documentation is valuable, understandable, and easy-to-navigate for people outside of your team
- Streamline documentation processes
- Develop documentation that’s usable and consistent
- Promote accountability and collaboration among your team
Target Audience: Introductory