Subhasis Bera, Tektronix
“In story verification/validation” by all stakeholders helps in reducing numerous testing cycles and helps the product get to the market faster than usual. Performing cycles of “Expert User testing” and “in-story Product owner testing” reduces the testing cycle by ~30%.
The following execution idea was practiced over 3-5 sprint cycles:
- Team develops the feature and performs a test without a formal build or exe of the product by replacing respective files on the previous build.
- After the software Engineering testing cycle matches the Acceptance criteria, one cycle of “Expert” user testing is performed to validate the feature.
- Any Defects found are fixed by the engineering and tested thoroughly.
- Second Expert User testing is performed on the changes
- Upon acceptance from the expert, the Product owner is requested to see the working feature. If there are no feedback .A formal build of the application is released to the Quality team for full feature testing cycle. Else step 3,4,5,6 are repeated to match the feature expectation.
- Overall testing time has reduced to 20%-30%
- Quality engineer is continuously engaged during the whole duration of the sprint
- Whole team is involved in getting the feedbacks and actively learning on the technology
- Better Sprint velocity is achieved in course of time
- More confidence on Releasing Beta to key customers with minimal testing before beta release