Alibaba System Software Hardware Co-Optimization
Kingsum Chow is currently a Chief Scientist at Alibaba System Software Hardware Co-Optimization. Since receiving his Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering from the University of Washington in 1996, he has been working on performance, modeling, and analysis of software applications. Kingsum has been issued more than 20 patents and he has presented more than 100 technical papers.
Kingsum appeared four times in JavaOne keynotes and almost a dozen times in JavaOne and Oracle OpenWorld presentations covering the topic of software performance systems and optimization. Kingsum also co-chairs QCon Beijing 2018.
In his spare time, he volunteers to coach multiple robotics teams to bring the joy of learning Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics to the K-12 students in USA and China.
- W05: System Performance Estimation, Evaluation and Decision (SPEED) - Kingsum Chow, 2019 Workshop, Abstract
- W07 Scaling Software Performance - Kingsum Chow, 2017 Workshop, Abstract
- W08 Software Performance in the Cloud - Kingsum Chow, 2017 Workshop, Abstract
- Quality in the Data Center: Data Collection and Analysis - Kingsum Chow, 2017 Invited Speaker, Abstract, Paper, Slides, Video.
- Software Quality Assurance in the Physical World -
- Cultivating Software Performance in Cloud Computing - Li Chen, Pooja Jain, Kingsum Chow, and Colin Cunningham, 2016 Technical Paper, Abstract, Paper, Slides, Notes, Video.
- Brewing Analytics Quality for the Cloud Performance - Li Chen, Kingsum Chow, Pooja Jain, Emad Guirguis, Tony Wu, 2015 Technical Paper, Paper, Slides, Notes, Video.
- Brewing Java Quality in Android Robots - Kingsum Chow, & Batteries in Black, 2015 Technical Paper, Abstract, Paper, Slides, Notes, Video.
- Delivering Quality in Software Performance and Scalability Testing - Khun Ban, Robert Scott, Kingsum Chow, Huijun Yan, 2011 Technical Paper, Abstract, Paper, Slides
- Engineering Quality in the Robotic World - Vicki Niu, Ethan Takla, Ida Chow, MacLean Freed, & Jeffery Wang, Lincoln High School; with Kingsum Chow, 2012 Technical Paper, Abstract, Paper, Slides