Christina Thalayasingam – Medidata Solutions Inc.
API testing plays an important role in understanding how well our applications can be integrated. There are many API testing tools, frameworks, libraries, and REST Clients out there that help you test APIs. Out of them, all Postman has stood out to be one that has grown into catering to most of the needs that API test. However, no one speaks much about Newman and its goodness remains hidden too many. Newman is a command-line Collection Runner for Postman. This talk is all about why we took the API testing down the Newman for the Postman route.
When deciding on which tool route we wanted to take, many factors had to be considered. The need to use MAUTH-proxies to conduct the API testing was the most vital one.
In this talk, I will speak on:
* How we compared the tools out there: Paw, Postman, and Insomnia to see how they would fit our need.
* The problems we faced with each tool
* What was our main focus
* Why to take the route of Newman – what were the privileges for us
* How were certain challenges overcome when running tests using Newman in CI with different MAUTH-proxies in a given workflow.
* Finally cover all the hidden goodies Newman provides
Are you ready to meet Newman?