Michael Larsen is a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer with Socialtext/PeopleFluent. Over the past two decades, he has been involved in software testing for a range of products and industries, including network routers & switches, virtual machines, capacitance touch devices, video games, and client/server, distributed database & web applications.
Michael is a Black Belt in the Miagi-Do School of Software Testing, helped start and facilitate the Americas chapter of Weekend Testing, is a former Chair of the Education Special Interest Group with the Association for Software Testing (AST), a lead instructor of the Black Box Software Testing courses through AST, and former Board Member and President of AST.
- Is This Testable? A Personal Journey to Learn How to Ask Better Questions From My Applications and Engineering Team - Michael Larsen, Socialtext
Have you ever felt like you were working at cross purposes with an application you were developing and testing? Have you wished that there were easier ways to interact with your application? Do you struggle with the fact that efforts to automate your application under development yield less than satisfactory results? Read More...
- Michael Larsen - Michael Larsen, 2019 Abstract, Paper, Slides, Video
- WS07: Building a Testing Framework from Scratch - Michael Larsen, 2018 Workshop, Abstract
- Future Proofing Your Software: Design Inclusively - Michael Larsen, 2018 Invited, Abstract, Paper, Slides, Video
- Senses Working Overtime: Improving Software Quality Through Accessibility and Inclusive Design - Michael Larsen, 2017 Technical Presentation, Abstract, Paper, Slides, Video.
- Delivering Quality One Weekend at a Time: Lessons Learned from Weekend Testing - Michael Larsen, 2011 Technical Paper, Abstract, Paper
- Get the Balance Right: Acceptance Test Driven Development, GUI Automation and Exploratory Testing - Michael Larsen, 2012 Technical Paper, Abstract, Paper