Testing in the Golden Age of Quality: Where are we and where are we going?
Quality is at the forefront of software decisions more than ever. Companies are promoting cultures of quality, testers are gaining a larger voice, and more tools are being developed every day to help make testing faster, more accurate, and more effective.
Come for a moderated discussion with industry thought leaders about the current trends in automation (such as native automation, tool sets, and methodologies), building features and applications with testability in mind, and how we’re empowering ourselves to be a larger part of the software development ecosystem. Expect questions around new and interesting toolsets as well as established favorites to be mixed in with the discussion on how we move forward and become more well-rounded as testers.
We’ll also discuss what happens next–what tools or technology are we going to be talking about in the next three years? What will software QA look like as the development landscape changes? This will be a lively discussion on the impact voice, machine learning, and augmented reality will have on testing!
Some topics to consider:
- What are the practices for high-value test automation?
- What makes automation valuable in the right now and what will it help us achieve in the future?
- What methodologies are most prominent right now?
- Are we doing more exploratory or ad hoc testing as opposed to test cases and scripts?
- Where does QA fit into the life cycle?
- How can we move around the SDLC and create value in new places?
- What are ways that companies are thinking quality first and what can we do to influence that?
- Where do you see QA/automation moving in the future and do you like what you see?
- How can we make an impact on the future, share ideas and come together as a discipline?
- Should we bleed more into development, for example testers fixing defects, and is this something you do at your job or would embrace?
- How can we make the golden age of quality last?
Jennifer Bramble, Willowtree Apps