Randy Pellegrini, Healthsparq (Cambia)
I recommend modest changes to the Agile Manifesto that give scrum teams a better chance of success by leveraging QA knowledge and leadership by embracing the following tenants:
- QA is glue that binds product owners and developers within a team. They facilitate issues and champion processes that build effective scrum teams.
- QA reviews user stories with business owner to develop acceptance criteria and use cases before sprint planning.
- QA works with scrum master, dev lead and business owner in release planning to ensure all stories are accounted for.
- QA holds team grooming sessions for upcoming sprint ensuring acceptance criteria, UX design/content and data are identified and incorporated before sprint planning session.
- QA ensures application has been tested for load and stress and meets client SLA requirements before being released.
- QA ensures application has been tested for static and dynamic security breaches with any critical or major issues fixed or mitigated.
- QA ensures pre-production defects are recorded and reported appropriately.
- QA ensures regression automation is developed and maintained for project.
- QA ensures regression automation is run after each build.