Brian Gaudreau, PNSQC
Why this Presentation? Quality in software delivery and sustainment will always have competing pressures between capability desired and the budget/time/quality delivered. As we approach the year 2020 technology landscape there are additional competing pressures we need to understand to be most effective with quality going forward. We will take a closer look and discuss these new challenges – for example:
- Client/Customer expectations and expected results will change and impact product roadmaps in new ways – what does this mean to the QA role ?
- What does risk look like going forward?
- What is meaningful to measure ?
- How can a Quality organization or methodology position itself to add even greater value ?
Solution: This presentation will introduce new perspectives on how to plan and be ready for the future of software quality. Like how to expand DevOps culture with greater involvement by QA and adding customer/product owners to the model. In addition we will discuss how to identify, manage and loop data and metrics back into the requirements and continuously improve the client/customer experience.
Takeaways will be:
- Diagrams and flows to help participants share the presentation topics with their peers and teams
- Steps to becoming quality initiators to the enterprise instead of maintaining the traditional quality assurance role
- A fresh perspective on test data management to ensure metrics and real time customer experience is measured in a meaningful way
- New ways of moving towards a DevOps culture where quality is a key driver