Rex Black, RBCS.
Facts and measures are the foundation of true understanding, but misuse of metrics is the cause of much confusion and in some cases organizational dysfunction. Metrics are sometimes seen as this black art of management, but, when used properly, test metrics can help everyone in the organization make smarter decisions. In this workshop, you’ll study—and apply metrics—to important questions such as:
· Is our testing on track for success?
· Is the quality of the product where it needs to be?
· Is our testing process effective, efficient, and satisfying?
In this hands-on workshop, Rex will share some things he’s learned about metrics that you can put to work right away. You’ll work on practical exercises to develop test metrics, and then you’ll present those metrics and how to use them to Rex and the other attendees. You’ll leave this workshop ready to make meaningful changes that will transform your test metrics into vehicles for true understanding.
When the workshop is completed, the attendees will be able to:
- Compare the use of metrics to measure test process, test progress, and product quality
- Create metrics that measure the effectiveness, efficiency, and satisfaction with the test process
- Create metrics that measure test progress and compare progress against expectations
- Create metrics that measure product quality at a detailed, fine-grained level
- Understand reasons for metrics dysfunctions and how to avoid them
- Measure qualitative factors using Likert-scale surveys
Target Audience: Intermediate to Advanced