Robert Gormley, Trissential, an Expleo Company
Customer satisfaction is considered the most important criterium for successful product delivery by a majority of Agile teams (57%). Yet as Digital Disruption continues to fuel the need for hyper speed IT delivery, many Quality teams are being left behind as they continue to leverage an old world testing paradigm focused on Functional & Regression Testing built on traditional, linear test case design that is not customer-centric. What’s more, traditional test case design has become an anti-pattern for most product teams as it neither serves to validate the many different emerging layers of software architecture nor does it establish a core understanding of what should be built into automated tests.
What if, instead of traditional test case design, Quality teams could focus on building scenario-based outlines of user behaviors in a consistent, ubiquitous narrative to not only connect product functionality to users but also to establish a tight boundary for automated testing of acceptance criteria? Welcome to the world of the Test Scenario Design Model, where user behavior is king and test cases are short, concise, and business language-driven. In this presentation, we explain what the Test Scenario Design Model is, how it can help Agile Quality teams accelerate their testing, and show how Test Scenario Design Models tie to traceability and Quality metrics to truly measure your product team’s Agile health.
Key takeaways include:
- Get a view into the Agile quality trends
- Understand why the traditional testing paradigm doesn’t work in Agile
- Understand what the Test Scenario Design Model is
- Understand the how and what of the evolution of the Test Scenario Design Model
- Understand what the core components of the Test Scenario Design Model are
- Understand how Test Scenario Design Models support test automation
- Understand the Quality metrics that support the Test Scenario Design Model
- The intended audience is intermediate Quality professionals and above