Tariq King, Ultimate Software
Do you want to take your testing skills to the next level? Are you trying to stay relevant on an agile team where testing is shifting to the left on the project timeline? Do you want to help your organization reap the full benefits of testing earlier? Then join Tariq King to explore the fundamentals of unit testing so you can find bugs as soon as they happen and do more thorough, targeted testing during software development. This introductory session is for everyone—of all programming skill levels. Learn how to apply program-based techniques such as testing by looking, automated unit testing, mocking, and code coverage analysis. Tariq explores core concepts and constructs used in modern programming and walks you through a set of practical code-based testing exercises. Leave ready and able to collaborate with developers in new ways that enable you to uncover defects faster, earlier, and more cost effectively.
When the workshop is completed, the attendees will be able to:
- Define key terms, concepts, principles and guidelines around unit testing.
- Apply unit testing techniques in the context of programming problems.
- Use testing tools and frameworks to support automated unit testing.
- Describe practical unit testing techniques and standards used in the industry.
- Understand the benefits and avoid common pitfalls of unit testing in practice.