Alan Ark, Duo Security
Wondering about Selenium but unsure where to start? This workshop is for you! We’ll go over selenium basics while working together with many exercises that will show you how to interact with the websites that you need to test. This workshop contains many exercises that we will work on together as a class. Attendees should expect that they will be able to walk away with the knowledge to create new scripts on their own.
Topics include tooling that can help with creating Selenium scripts, how to interact with web pages, good locator strategies, dealing with AJAXy websites, Selenium Page Objects, and much more.
This workshop is not intended as a learn how to program class. It is expected that attendees have their development environment already in place and have at least a beginners coding knowledge in order to make the most of the limited time available.
- When the workshop is completed, the attendees will be able to:
- Understand how to identify and use the best locators for their sites
- Learn how to use the different Selenium waits effectively
- Interact with frames, pop-up and alert messages
- Understand the basics around Page Objects
- Gain confidence to start automating tests against their website