Office of the State CIO
Ying Ki Kwong, PhD, PMP is the Statewide QA Program Manager in the Office of the State CIO in Oregon state government. Prior to this role, he was IT Investment Oversight Coordinator in the same office and was Project Office Manager of the Medicaid Management Information System Project in the Oregon Department of Human Services.
In the private sector, Dr. Kwong was CEO of a Hong Kong-based internet B2B portal for trading commodities futures and metals. He was a program manager in the Video & Networking Division of Tektronix, responsible for worldwide applications & channels marketing for a line of video servers in broadcast television applications. In these roles, he has managed software-based systems/applications, products, and business process improvements.
He received the doctorate from the School of Applied & Engineering Physics at Cornell University and was adjunct faculty in the School of Business Administration at Portland State University.
- Panel Discussion – Information Security: Practices & Trends in Agile Enterprises - Ying Ki Kwong, Brian Myers, John Cvetko, Bhushan Gupta, 2019 Technical Presentation, Abstract
- Enterprise IT Quality Forum - Bhushan Gupta, Jan Jaap Cannegieter, Lloyd Bell, Ying Ki Kwong, Jack McDowell, Phil Lew, John Cvetko, Abstract
- Software Based Disruptive Change Initiatives Require a Culture of Quality - Ying Ki Kwong, Phil Lew, Jack McDowell, 2019 Technical Presentation, Abstract, Paper, Slides
- Quality & Risk Management Challenges when Acquiring Enterprise Software Systems - Ying Ki Kwong, Phillip Lew, 2018 Technical Presentation, Abstract, Paper
- WS06: Quality and Risk Management in the Acquisition of Enterprise Software Systems - Ying Ki Kwong, 2018 Workshop, Abstract
- Independent Quality Assurance of Major IT Projects in Large Enterprises - Ying Kwong and Patricia McQuaid, 2016 Technical Paper, Abstract, Paper, Slides, Notes, Video.