Michael Larsen is a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer with Socialtext/PeopleFluent. Over the past two decades, he has been involved in software testing for a range of products and industries, including network routers & switches, virtual machines, capacitance touch devices, video games, and client/server, distributed database & web applications.
Michael is a Black Belt in the Miagi-Do School of Software Testing, helped start and facilitate the Americas chapter of Weekend Testing, is a former Chair of the Education Special Interest Group with the Association for Software Testing (AST), a lead instructor of the Black Box Software Testing courses through AST, and former Board Member and President of AST.
- The Dos and Don’t of Accessibility - Michael Larsen, 2021 Technical Presentation, Paper, Presentation
- Workshop: Add Some Accessibility to Your Day - Michael Larsen leads this PNSQC 2020 workshop on how to get started integrating accessibility tools and testing into your site development life cycle.
- Panel Discussion moderated by Michael Larsen & Bill Opsal – The Release Day Crime Scene - Michael Larsen, Bill Opsal, Abstract
- Is This Testable? A Personal Journey to Learn How to Ask Better Questions From My Applications and Engineering Team - Michael Larsen, 2019 Technical Presentation, Abstract, Paper, Slides
- WS07: Building a Testing Framework from Scratch - Michael Larsen, 2018 Workshop, Abstract
- Future Proofing Your Software: Design Inclusively - Michael Larsen, 2018 Invited, Abstract, Paper, Slides, Video
- Senses Working Overtime: Improving Software Quality Through Accessibility and Inclusive Design - Michael Larsen, 2017 Technical Presentation, Abstract, Paper, Slides, Video.
- Delivering Quality One Weekend at a Time: Lessons Learned from Weekend Testing - Michael Larsen, 2011 Technical Paper, Abstract, Paper
- Get the Balance Right: Acceptance Test Driven Development, GUI Automation and Exploratory Testing - Michael Larsen, 2012 Technical Paper, Abstract, Paper