Ramping Up Modern Performance 2
"Modern software is developed in a continuous manner, with several backend services frequently being deployed and scaled in the cloud. Furthermore, as organizations move toward agile DevOps and continuous delivery, it is vital for them to move away from traditional approaches to evaluating performance. Are you interested in ramping up or polishing your skills on performance testing?
Join Leandro Melendez as he introduces you to modern, agile, and continuous performance testing. You'll learn performance assurance principles and everything from fundamental performance concepts like correlation, to the advanced pipelining of performance checks. Performance testing is evolving from just load testing and so should we!
In this revisited version of the modern performance workshop, the session will include a mix of browser based testing. Imagine how much your teams can achieve by mixing up multiple types of test automations. All together while sharing with the team scripts, results, execution capacity and much more." "By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- Define what is performance testing and identify differences between performance testing, web performance, assurance, reliability and load testing
- Explain principles for addressing performance concerns under a traditional or waterfall software process versus modern, agile, software practices.
- Describe best practices for modern performance assurance Integrate performance tests into the CI.
- Mix different types of tests (protocol, browser, unit) in your test practices, together with APM and telemetry technologies.
- Apply tools like k6, git, and pipelines to performance as part of exercises and demos."
Leandro is a performance testing advocate with Grafana k6 helping everyone to ramp up on their performance practices. He has over 20 years of experience in IT and over 10 in the performance testing practice where he served multiple S&P500 customers all over the USA, Mexico, Canada, Brazil, India, Austria, etc.
Author of the popular performance testing blog Señor Performo (www.srperf.com) where he curates a diverse set of learning material for performance testers and engineers. He is an international public speaker participating in multiple conferences, events and webinars, with keynotes, workshops and multiple talks on his belt. And last, author of 'The Hitchhikers Guide To Load Testing Projects', a fun walkthrough that will guide you through the phases or levels of an IT load testing project.